Call for Applicants - WCA Disciplinary Committee (WDC) Members (September 2022)
The WCA Disciplinary Committee (WDC) is looking for new members! Everyone can apply, and we encourage community members who are not part of the WCA staff to send their application.
What does the WDC do?
Most of our work consists of investigating disciplinary incidents at competitions, such as cheating attempts or inappropriate behavior. If the circumstances require it, we may issue warnings or bans. We also give feedback to WCA delegates on how to handle certain situations during WCA competitions.
If you are interested in the details of our rights and duties, check out the motions 10.2022.3 - Disciplinary Committee and 15.2022.1 - Suspensions and other Sanctions, as well as the Code of Conduct. The Disciplinary Log contains public announcements made by the WDC in the past. Feel free to ask questions about any of this in the Disciplinary section of the WCA forum.
The only strict requirements for WDC members are:
- Ability to communicate in English (written)
- Familiarity with the WCA competition environment (having attend a few competitions is enough)
Other qualities we look for are:
- Ability to discuss reasoning and ideas with team members
- Logical and analytical reasoning
- Communication skills
The following qualities are useful, but not necessary:
- Expertise in one or more speedcubing events
- Fluency in a language other than English
The committee would greatly benefit from the diversity of their members. We therefore especially encourage applications from community members with a different cultural background, nationality, age and gender from the current members.
Applicants can send their application as a PDF document to email@example.com before Friday, October 14, 2022, 23:59 UTC. The application document should contain:
- A brief personal introduction
- Summary of activities done for the WCA and for the cubing community
- Overview of the personal skills relevant to the role
- Motivation for applying to the WDC
Everything should be contained in a single PDF file. Applicants can expect a reply to confirm the receipt of the application within 24 hours. The selection process will start after the application period is over, and it might include an interview or other kinds of assessment.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the WDC leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.