Our newly formed WCA Advisory Council (WAC) is looking for members to help with their mission!
What is the WAC and what do they do?
The biggest task of the WAC is to be an intermediary between the community and the WCA Staff - to give the community a voice when important topics are being discussed. The Community Representatives will be a vital part of that process. More information about the main functions of the WAC can be found here: WCA Motion 20.2019.01
The council will have 2 sub-teams - Community Representatives and WCA Representatives. This announcement is for Community Representatives, who will make up the majority of the council and will not be members of WCA Staff, meaning that anyone except WCA Staff can apply. If you have never held a formal position in the WCA before, this an exciting opportunity to contribute towards making the WCA even better!
The qualities expected of candidates are:
- Communication: Internal communication is done in English, so an intermediate standard of English is required.
- Work Ethic: Members will be expected to contribute regularly and not ignore messages for many days.
- Innovation: There will be significant time spent discussing our methods of working and doing a lot of idea gathering of topics to focus on. If you think that the WCA is currently perfect then you probably aren’t the person for this!
- Interest: An enjoyment to discuss WCA matters among the community is ideal.
- Maturity: Online discussions will need to be thought-provoking and productive. When providing community feedback you'll be representing the community and not your own views.
- Specialisations: The goal of the team is to cover a wide spectrum of the community and therefore members can partly focus on certain areas that they are knowledgeable and passionate about. This could be a geographical area, or any sort of “category” of cuber e.g. elite/slower cubers, younger/older cubers.
The application period is open for candidates to submit their candidacy document from now until March 1, 2019, 23:59 UTC to Daniel Sheppard (email@example.com).
The candidacy documents must be in written email or PDF format, and should include the following:
- Your Name and WCA ID
- An explanation of how you fit the qualities required
- (Optional) A reference to a trusted member of the community (e.g. a Delegate)
Thank you in advance for your candidacies and support!