The WCA Board is creating a position to carry out the administrative tasks of the Board of Directors. To make the Board position more appealing to qualified Staff members, less time consuming, and sustainable in the long-term, they will appoint 2-3 Executive Assistants who will be responsible for assisting the Board members with day-to-day functions.
Some sample tasks include:
- Managing the WCA Board’s Trello board
- Maintaining Policies, Bylaws, and Motions on Github
- Administration of users on G-Suite
- Administration of WCA Board’s Team Drives
- Drafting emails on behalf of the Board
- Compiling and reviewing information from form responses
Executive Assistants are expected to spend at least 5 hours per week on average to work for the Board. The position is open to everyone; it is not necessary to hold a current position within the WCA to be considered. The qualities expected of candidates are:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Frequent availability
The application period is opened for candidates to submit their candidacy documents until April 15th, 2019, 23:59 UTC privately to the WCA Board (email@example.com).
The candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- Brief personal introduction
- Summary of activities done for the WCA Community
- Reasons you are fit for the role
The week after the application period, the WCA Board will make a selection by voting and will announce the Executive Assistants.
Thank you in advance for your candidacies and support!