CubingUSA Southeast Championship 2023
- Apr 15 - 16, 2023
- Orange Beach, Alabama, United States
- 4671 Wharf Pkwy W, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Organization team
- Cady Shields, Carter Bitz, Clay Moore, Jacob Ambrose, Jared Stinson, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, Nathan Graves, Raymond Goslow, Roman Wofford, Sam Arndt, and Zachary Ochs
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Carter Bitz, Clay Moore, Dalton Padgett, Jacob Ambrose, Jared Stinson, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, Nathan Dwyer, Nathan Graves, Raymond Goslow, Roman Wofford, Zachary Ochs, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA as the Southeast Regional Championship for 2023. Residents of the following states/territories are eligible for the title of Southeast Champion: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and US Virgin Islands.
All competitors must read the "Important Information" tab prior to registering.
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 250 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $45 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
After registering for this competition, please declare your residency on CubingUSA by logging in to the CubingUSA website, editing your account and setting your home state.
Registrations are accepted manually by the organization team. If you do not see your name on the competitor list within one business day after completing payment, please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to providing incorrect or incomplete information when registering. In these cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm your competitor information. After 24 hours without a response, the registration will not be accepted until the information is clarified.
All staff members must pay the registration fee in order to have their registration accepted. After the competition, staff members will receive a refund for the registration fee.
Waiting List Policy
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still register and pay the registration fee in order for your registration to be put on a waiting list. If you submit your registration but do not pay, you will not be placed on the waiting list. Please contact the organization team if you would like to know what your place on the waiting list is. You do not have a spot at the competition until you receive a confirmation email with the subject line: "Your registration for CubingUSA Southeast Championship 2023 has been accepted." Do not make travel plans until you receive the acceptance email and see your name on the competitor list.
If you are first on the waiting list and someone cancels their registration, then you will automatically be accepted into the competition and receive a notification email. After the competition, all competitors remaining on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration fee, minus processing fees.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 150 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 100 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 3:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 100 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||50:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||50:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Orange Beach Event Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (April 15, 2023)
Schedule for Sunday (April 16, 2023)
Links (to be added closer to the competition)
- Group Sheet
- Live Results
All Attendees (Spectators/Families)
- Spectators (parents, siblings, friends, etc.) are allowed to come and watch for free. No prior registration is required.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from parents. (If you have not judged before, please attend the new competitor tutorial to learn how.) Once you know how, you can judge for however long you'd feel like - it's an excellent way to help support the event your kid is enjoying and make the time fly by as well!
- Make sure to set your home state on CubingUSA by logging in to the CubingUSA website and editing your account.
- All competitors will receive judging assignments and are expected to fulfill them. Failure to show up to judge may result in disqualification. If you do not know how to judge, please attend the new competitor tutorial to learn how.
- You should be present before the start of each event you are competing in. If you miss your group, you may not be able to compete in the event.
- We will have a new competitor tutorial at 10:20am on Saturday. It is very important that you attend this tutorial to learn the competing and judging processes.
- This video will help explain most things that any first-time competitor will need to know. It is highly recommended that parents watch this video as well to better understand how a competition works.
If you have any questions not answered on the competition website, please use the contact link on the General Info tab to contact the organization team.
We will be awarding Southeast Regional Champion titles in each event to the highest-ranked competitor from CubingUSA's Southeast region, which is defined as the following states and territories:
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- United States Virgin Islands
To be eligible for any of these titles, competitors must register on CubingUSA by logging in to the CubingUSA website, editing your account and setting your home state. In certain cases, you may be asked to verify your residency at the competition. If you want to be eligible for a Southeast Champion title at this competition, the deadline to declare residency is Sunday, March 26, 2023, 8:00 PM EDT/7PM CDT.
Southeast Region Map
|Event||2018 - Athens, GA||2019 - Charlotte, NC||2020/2021||2022 - Gatlinburg, TN (+ FMC locations)|
|3x3x3 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez (GA), 8.64 average||Tommy Cherry (FL), 8.45 average||Not held||Nicolás Sánchez (GA), 7.92 average|
|2x2x2 Cube||Tommy Cherry (FL), 1.79 average||Zachary Ochs (NC), 2.13 average||Not held||Zachary Ochs (NC), 1.65 average|
|4x4x4 Cube||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡) (FL), 28.37 average||Katie Hull (GA), 28.27 average||Not held||Katie Hull (GA), 29.51 average|
|5x5x5 Cube||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡) (FL), 56.34 average||Jared Stinson (GA), 1:02.52 average||Not held||Katie Hull (GA), 53.78 average|
|6x6x6 Cube||Jared Stinson (GA), 2:01.38 mean||Jared Stinson (GA), 1:53.70 mean||Not held||Sean Hartman (FL), 1:46.61 mean|
|7x7x7 Cube||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡) (FL), 2:58.03 mean||Sean Hartman (FL), 2:44.76 mean||Not held||Sean Hartman (FL), 2:30.46 mean|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry (FL), 29.96 single||Tommy Cherry (FL), 22.68 single||Not held||Tommy Cherry (FL), 16.71 single|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Jacob Ambrose (GA), 31.67 mean||Jacob Ambrose (GA), 28.00 mean||Not held||Zachary Ochs (NC), 25.00 mean|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Kieran Dizon (GA), 12.42 average||Kieran Dizon (GA), 12.84 average||Not held||Andreas Lambropoulos (NC), 13.06 average|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Kevin Min (AL), 29.49 average||Tommy Cherry (FL), 28.69 average||Not held||Not held|
|Clock||Carson Claud (NC), 7.28 average||Kerry Creech (NC), 5.75 average||Not held||Kerry Creech (NC), 4.92 average|
|Megaminx||Jared Stinson (GA), 47.48 average||Jared Stinson (GA), 44.69 average||Not held||Heewon Seo (FL), 33.84 average|
|Pyraminx||Zachary Ochs (NC), 3.35 average||Kerry Creech (NC), 3.77 average||Not held||Kerry Creech (NC), 1.89 average|
|Skewb||Kevin Min (AL), 3.93 average||Tommy Cherry (FL), 4.67 average||Not held||Dominic Redisi (TN), 2.64 average|
|Square-1||Tommy Cherry (FL), 10.18 average||Tommy Cherry (FL), 9.91 average||Not held||Noah Swor (FL), 9.67 average|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry (FL), 4:31.26 single||Raymond Goslow (GA), 7:54.72 single||Not held||Carson Claud (NC), 7:58.33 single|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry (FL), 12:54.00 single||Tommy Cherry (FL), 5:41.42 single||Not held||Tommy Cherry (FL), 9:54.14 single|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Raymond Goslow (GA), 13/15 cubes in 57:36||Tommy Cherry (FL), 28/30 cubes in 59:26||Not held||Sean Hartman (FL), 15/16 cubes in 57:30|
We will have a seperate multi-location competition for 3x3x3 Fewest Moves.
CubingUSA Southeast FMC Championship 2023
April 1, 2023
Results from CubingUSA Southeast FMC Championship 2023 will be recognized at CubingUSA Southeast Championship 2023 to crown our Southeast FMC Champion.
Sign up for the State Relay Tournament here: https://forms.gle/U6cCjh2Ao1SAmANK9
CubingUSA Southeast Championship 2023 will have a State Relay Tournament Saturday Evening (7:20-8:00pm).
- The competition will be a single bracket elimination where each team will compete head to head against another team to eliminate them from the tournament.
- The teams will be made up of 4 different people from the same state (AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, TN).
- A state may have multiple teams competing, however a person can only compete on one team.
- The team will solve 8 puzzles back-to-back (2x2, 3x3, 4x4, OH, Clock, Pyra, Skewb, Sq-1). Each person on the team will solve 2 of these puzzles.
Orange Beach Event Center
4671 Wharf Pkwy W
Orange Beach, AL 36561
Free parking is available at the venue.
The competition venue has compiled a list of lodging options, which can be found by visiting this link and clicking "Book Direct".
The venue is across the street from The Wharf, a shopping and dining complex that includes a variety of restaurants. Other options, including fast-food chains, are also available within a short drive.
The nearest major airport to Orange Beach is Pensacola International (32 miles away), which is served by direct flights from major Southeast cities such as Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami.
If you are interested in being a staff member, please fill out this form.
Expectations from staff members:
- Staff members will have additional assignments throughout the competition. You will be responsible for primarily scrambling and running duties, filling in missing judging spots if needed, and following any other instructions from team leaders.
- Staff members with HAelp Desk / Data Team assignments will have additional responsibilities while on the HAelp Desk stage. They will answer questions from attendees, handle the check-in process, provide a new competitor tutorial for late arrivals, perform data entry and data checking, and print and sort scorecards.
- You can select to only be a partial staff member if you only want to help out with certain events/rounds.
- For this competition, we expect all staff members to have some previous staffing and/or competition experience.
Benefits for staff members:
- Refunded registration fee
- Free meals (Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday lunch)
- (Probably) T-shirts
- Great experience staffing at a Championship!
Apparel can be ordered though CustomInk: https://www.customink.com/g/ttc0-00cq-m5uk
You must pre-order if you want apparel, there are currently no plans to have them for sale at the competition.
Your order can be picked up during Competitor Check in at the HAelp Desk on Sat 4/15 from 7:30-10:20am. You must pick up your order during this time.
The last day to order is March 27th!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.