Call for Applicants - WCAT Members (February 2023)
The WCA Competition Announcement Team (WCAT) is seeking new passionate and trustworthy members! The application is open to everyone. However, you must meet certain criteria to be considered for the position.
What does the WCAT do?
The daily tasks of a WCAT member include:
- Review and announce competitions around the world on a daily basis with accuracy and correctness.
- Handle change requests to competitions.
- Engage in frequent discussions through voting within the Team.
- The official rights and duties of the WCAT are documented in WCA Motion 10.2021.2.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualities:
- Proactive personality, detail-oriented, and solution-oriented mindset.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to check internal messages and announce competitions multiple times a day.
- Good familiarity with the WCA Competition Requirements Policy (WCRP).
- Ability to devote at least 1 hour per day.
- Sufficient familiarity with the WCA Regulations and WCA Policies.
Candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- A brief personal introduction.
- Summary of activities done for the WCA.
- A concrete overview on how expected qualities are to be fulfilled.
- (Optional) Qualities and qualifications you find relevant that are not listed above.
The application period is open for applicants to submit their application document from now until March 22nd, 2023 23:59 UTC to Wilson Alvis (firstname.lastname@example.org).