The WCA Communication Team (WCT) is seeking members to help with managing and creating WCA social media posts or graphic design for social media posts and other projects!
The application is open to all WCA members. You do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
What does the WCT do?
- Answers daily inquires to the WCA through emails, the contact page on the WCA website, and social media direct messages
- Manages official WCA social media platforms through frequent & engaging posts
- Works with other WCA leaders to improve the WCA website and communications to the community
- The rights and duties of WCT from our By-laws can be found here
- Social media posts are planned at least 1 week in advance and are posted when members are available.
- Internal emails regarding other WCT projects are answered within 48 hours and other work may come from those projects that take various amounts of time.
- Time commitment per week is between 4-10 hours.
- FOR GRAPHICS APPLICANTS: Must be familiar with Adobe Illustrator, GIMP, or equivalent programs
Characteristics we are looking for
- Creativity: We always need ideas of new social media series or unique ways to expand to other platforms. You will be required to think about this and suggest ideas when you can. For those with graphic design experience, you will be required to help us with designing visually compelling posts.
- Social media knowledge: You should be familiar with many social media platforms and their basic functions. While you may not have used them personally, you will have to post to them as the WCA and should know what type of content goes on each.
- Fluent English: Our posts on most social media platforms are in English and we answer most emails in English. We do welcome those that are fluent in other languages alongside English.
- Communication skills: You will be responsible for writing social media posts that are appropriate and convey the mission of the WCA. You should be able to write a professional, concise email to answer competitor questions and to convey a thorough knowledge of the WCA resources for competitors.
- Patience: You should keep friendly communications within our email and social media interactions. Always maintaining professionalism when answering the same question many times is hard, but necessary for our day-to-day communications.
To apply, please include:
- A brief personal introduction
- Your involvement with the WCA
- Your motivation for applying to the WCT
- Your familiarity with social media platforms & an idea of a potential WCA post
- FOR GRAPHIC APPLICANTS: 2-3 designs that you have created to highlight your design style
Please send the application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org from now until April 2, 2019, 23:59 UTC to be considered.
A reply will be sent to confirm that the documents are in good order or to report on deficiencies otherwise once received. There may be an additional interview requested of candidates with the leader following application submission. The two weeks after the application period, the team will make a selection and the new member(s) will be announced once candidates have accepted the positions.
Thank you in advance for your candidacies and support!