We are happy to announce that we have a new Committee Leader. Chris Wright will replace Chris Hardwick as the Leader of the WCA Financial Committee (WFC), and thus as the WCA Treasurer. Chris Wright was already working as a member of the WFC, and will step down as a member of the WCA Ethics Committee.
Chris Wright was selected by the WCA Board and approved in a voting among the current Committee/Team Leaders and Senior Delegates, following Section 4 of our Motion 10.2017.0 about WCA Committees and Teams.
We thank Chris Hardwick for the great work he has done for the WCA, and wish Chris Wright the best of luck in fulfilling his new duties.
The new Leader will be promoted immediately. Chris Wright was the only applicant, and his candidacy document can be found here if you are interested in viewing it.
The WCT is seeking a new member to help with graphics design for social media posts and other projects!
The application is open to all WCA members. You do not have to hold a current position to be considered. This position is directed to those with graphic design experience and duties once on the team will mainly focus on that type of work.
What does the WCT do?
- Answers daily inquires to the WCA through emails and the contact page on the WCA website.
- Manages official WCA social media platforms through frequent & engaging posts
- Works with other WCA leaders to improve the WCA website and communications to the community
- The rights and duties of WCT from our By-laws can be found here.
- Social media posts are planned at least 1 week in advance and are posted when members are available.
- Internal emails regarding other WCT projects are answered within 48 hours and other work may come from those projects that take various amounts of time.
- Time commitment per week is between 4-10 hours.
- Must be familiar with Adobe Illustrator, GIMP, or equivalent programs
Characteristics we are looking for
- Creativity: We always need ideas of new social media series or unique ways to expand to other platforms. You will be required to think about this and suggest ideas when you can. With your graphic design experience, you will help us with designing visually compelling posts.
- Social media knowledge: You should be familiar with many social media platforms and their basic functions. While you may not have used them personally, you will have to post to them as the WCA and should know what type of content goes on each.
- Fluent English: Our posts on most social media platforms are in English and we answer most emails in English. We do welcome those that are fluent in other languages alongside English.
- Communication skills: You will be responsible for designing social media posts that are appropriate and convey the mission of the WCA.
- Patience: You should keep friendly communications within our email and social media interactions.
To apply, please include:
- A brief personal introduction
- Your involvement with the WCA
- Your motivation for applying to the WCT
- 2-3 designs that you have created to highlight your design style
- An example design for a WCA posting about the first competition in a new country
Please send the application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org from now until June 3, 2018, 23:59 UTC to be considered.
There may be an additional interview requested of candidates with the leader following application submission. The week after the application period, the team will make a selection and the new member(s) will be announced once candidates have accepted the positions.
Thank you for your candidacies and support!
The WCA Board of Directors are accepting applications for WCA World Championship 2019.
Please discuss with the Delegates in your country whether this is something you are willing and able to pursue. Bear in mind that organizing a competition of this size takes a significant amount of time and effort before and during the competition.
If you are interested, send your application documents privately to email@example.com before 23:59 UTC of July 15th, 2018. Documents must be sent in PDF format in two versions: one full version with all the details for the application, and another version with sensitive details - if any - removed to make public.
African records: Ruben Grobler 4x4x4 Cube 34.77 (single), 3x3x3 With Feet 50.88 (single), 3x3x3 With Feet 1:04.74 (average), Timothy Lawrance 3x3x3 Fewest Moves 31 (single), 3x3x3 Fewest Moves 35.33 (average).